And a warm welcome to the new freeskoolers!
Here’s a brief recap of our learn/teach ideas from this potluck discussion. If you’re interested in learning/teaching anything on this list, make a comment on this post (or reply to the list email) so we can gauge demand and critical mass.
Things we want to do/learn:
- Free Choir!
- primitive/outdoor skills
- plant ID/wildcrafting/urban edible gathering/medicine making
Things we can teach each other:
- Davi holds GO! game nights at Sector 67 on Thursday evenings, and can teach things about programming, science, math, music theory, and drumming.
- Ashley can teach fermentation such as the art of kombucha.
- Kara can teach things related to plants, urban-edibles, cooking, fiber arts/knitting, science activities for kids, and beginning ukelele.
- Nate can teach math and physics, astronomy and weather.
- Shannon is interested in teaching/sharing about plants, herbal medicine making, kimchi fermentation, and chocolate making.