When: Saturday (7/9) & Sunday (7/10), 9am-7pm
Email Philippa at email@example.com if you have any questions.
The tenants of the Capitol Hill Apartments whose homes and belongings have been destroyed and the employees of the beloved businesses below, Underground Kitchen and Muse Independent Styling, need our help.
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, JULY 9th & 10th, The Project Lodge will host a Benefit Rummage/Vintage Sale with all proceeds aiding these members of our community in their journey to recuperate and recover. Both days, the shop will be open 9 am-7 pm for two full days of thrifting!
WHAT KIND OF GOODIES WILL BE ON SALE FOR A GREAT CAUSE??? (updated as we add to our donation stock!):
—local artwork, vintage clothing (men’s button-ups, ladies’ frocks, hats, sunglasses, jewelry, swimsuits, shoes), vintage housewares (dishes, vases, lamps, mid-century furniture), bike accessories and helmets, yoga-ware,…
AND a lovely spread of homemade delectable food and drink will be available at our donations-appreciated refreshment table all day, both days. 🙂
Help out with the the sale:
Drop off items to sell during these times, at the Project Lodge:
- Wednesday, July 6th, noon-6 pm
- Thursday, July 7th, noon-6 pm
- Friday, July 8th, noon-8 pm
If you are a business owner and would like to contribute goods, services, or gift certificates to a larger silent auction slated for later in the month, we will gladly take these, as well, during the Drop-Off Hours.
Donations not sold at this event will be stored for a future benefit for those affected by the fire or donated to the St. Vincent De Paul Society.
Donations for the refreshment table:
Non-perishable items (bottled beverages or supplies) can be dropped off during the week. Other perishable items will need to be dropped off and picked up the day(s) of. Sign up to bring things at a particular time here.
Help organize and run the sale
We could use helping hands from July 5th to July 11th to intake, tag, price, and arrange the goods, help the days of the event, dj, and clean up that Monday morning! Sign up online to volunteer here.
Donate Directly to Victims:
- See this page to donate to victims directly: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_216258085080253.
- The Madison Concourse Hotel front desk is accepting clothing donations for the Capitol Hill Apartment tenants
- this lovely lady will pick up items from you to be donated.
- to displaced Capitol Hill Apartments residents: go to any UW Credit Union branch or mail a donation to
Friends of Capitol Hill Apartment Residents
924 Williamson St.
Madison, WI 53703
- to Underground Kitchen here.
- about the rummage sale: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=178924608834264
- other Webster St benefits/efforts: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=213573798684996
- other ways to help: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Webster-Street-Fire-Information/245460308797773?sk=wall